|| Tree Canada is a not-for-profit, charitable organization established in 1992. Under the direction of a 13-member volunteer Board of Directors, Tree Canada provides education, technical assistance, resources and financial support through working partnerships to encourage Canadians to plant and care for trees in an effort to help reduce the harmful effects of carbon dioxide emissions. Tree Canada is a leader in promoting the value of urban forests in Canada.
We see a future in which Canadians appreciate and understand the economic and environmental value of trees and, as a result, get personally involved in the planting and care of trees in communities across the country.
Partnership with Tree Canada
Making Canada Green One Tree at a Time
- BergHOFF works with Tree Canada to reduce its carbon footprint
- BergHOFF is a platinum sponsor of Tree Canada
- BergHOFF is the exclusive kitchen products sponsor of Tree Canada
- For every Tree Canada 11’’ Earthchef skillet sold, BergHOFF will sponsor Tree Canada to plant one tree in Canada and care for its maintenance for 5 years
- The average Canadian tree absorbs 225kg of carbon over 80 years!
Winner of the
2008 Eterne Award
Where and what types of trees will be planted
Trees clearly do their part. They:
In order to realize our vision, Tree Canada has the following objectives:
- All locally-sourced indigenous trees, grown in Canada
- Trees planted in five regions: Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario (Sudbury), Prairies & B.C. (Kelowna)
- facilitate the planting and care of trees throughout urban and rural Canada
- educate Canadians about the benefits of planting and caring for trees;
- assist interested parties in implementing a wide range of self-sustaining tree planting and educational initiatives;
- encourage corporations, communities and individuals to participate in the program.
For more information on Tree Canada, please visit www.treecanada.ca.